Sunday, March 18, 2007

Finally...

I finally got around to getting zodttd's gpSP source compiling for GP2X, and have ran it on mine as well (via NAND - will setup USB server sometime soon). Tried Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow; it runs fullspeed with frameskip 2 at 275MHz. Not bad, although there's certainly room for improvement. I asked zodttd to let me have a couple weeks of exclusive access to the code so I can optimize it some. We'll see how that goes.

I still need an AC adapter though, these batteries will only last so long. I don't suppose anyone would like to donate one to me? :x

4 comments:

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter said...

A few weeks without massive amounts of incremental updates :O

Noooooooooooo!!!

ZodTTD said...

I could use the free time! Luckily Exophase is more than capable of handling the task of cleaning up and improving/rewriting the dynarec. It will be great to see how it turns out. I am wondering how much performance is gained/lost from running off the NAND over the SD. I know there's a difference, but might only matter with 32MB games.

Unknown said...

About an AC adapter: I just went to the PX on base here and bought a universal power supply that had a plug small enough to fit in the gp2x. Works great, And it was much cheaper than buying it online.

Check at stores in your area, Should be able to find a fairly cheap power supply.

By the way, Great work on Gpsp!

-Arch